Over 100 years of community
We are a church with deep roots.
A HISTORY OF HOPE
The Hope Lutheran Church first met on April 6th, 1910, in the home of W. Hagemeyer, Sr. President Ide from Perrysburg, Ohio led the meeting. The members of this newly organized church had been members of the St. Paul Lutheran Church at New Rochester, Ohio. After the members had been peacefully released from this church, they chose to call themselves, Hope Evangelical Lutheran Church. Since it's humble beginnings right down the road from where the church now stands, Hope has grown into an extended family for all of those who walk through the door.
The church has always been firmly rooted in service, missions and outreach. Through serving others, the members find ways to connect, share their lives and support one another as well as those they can help. The "Can Do" attitude that has raised money for countless families by feeding community members for donations, bought a bi-plane for LAMP Ministries, and sent missionaries to Alaksa, and continues with all sorts of new and evolving ministries for it's members young and old.
Through it all, the cause may change depending on those in need - but the focus is always the same. By keeping an ear to the air for the whispers of God's mission, the congregation is always going where His work leads them. Even a few hands can make a big difference.